The Adjustment Period
The professional proposes an adjustment program, based on a child-appropriate pace corresponding to their needs. We aim for a repeated sequence of events, in order to ensure securing landmarks. The child is offered a place, by identifying and customising the areas destined to him/her: locker, bed, resource space.
Regular Family Meetings
In our opinion, a brainstorming between parents and professionals concerning the child seems the best way to create a welcome reception.
– Scheduling festive moments: every 2 months, parents are invited to share a festive moment with a buffet, together with their child and the professionals.
– Parent-child workshops: no less than once every quarter, parents participate, observe or suggest an activity, accompanied by professionals.
– Coffee and snacks for parents: once every quarter, to benefit exchange, sharing and friendliness among families, meetings moderated by experts are proposed related to the child’s life in the nursery: sleep, meals, the psychomotor development, in a concern for co-education.
– A specific hall is allocated to allow mothers to peacefully breastfeed their baby in the nursery.
Tools to Reinforce the Home-Nursery Relationship
– The child’s life book: where the professional and the parents illustrate the child’s life in the nursery by text and imagery.
– Parent questions: each week, a new recommendation for the nursery is displayed.
– Messages sent regularly to families in order to keep parents updated concerning the activities of their child in the nursery.
– A hotline opens between 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM to allow parents to ask questions or make suggestions.